Social Media Stuff Here

10 July 2011

Life just adds up...

It's been almost a month since we last posted anything.  Consider this our repentance.

Anyway, since the last post we have been quite busy with life.  I've been on the road a lot lately, which Adri doesn't always enjoy.  But then I got us tickets to Paris and Switzerland for our 1 year anniversary because of all the miles I've flown and she was suddenly ok with it.

As seen here, I was amazed to make it to another birthday.  #29 this year... almost as young as my old man.  At least that is what all of my siblings are telling me.

We continue to seek out and find abandon buildings.  This shot is from a house that is near the hospital here in Salt Lake.  No fences, no signs, nothing... just pure abandonment off the side of the road.  the front door was even wide open just beckoning us to enter.  Adri got eaten alive by the mosquitos (I think she counted 20 bites from the 20 minutes we were there), but we got some cool shots and didn't even get to explore the whole house.  I think this is my favorite of the shots I took there.


We also found this abandoned bowling alley when we were in the St. George area.  Everything was still in place practically, and it even looked like that they had an auction of some sort for all of the stuff and then left what they couldn't get rid of.  I've always wanted a pair of bowling shoes to just wear randomly, but even here I felt like it was stealing if I took them.



The weather has been very up and down lately.  Hot one day, rain the next, and just all over.  I guess that is typical for around here.  Anyway, it has produced some awesome sunsets for us though.  This was the view from the balcony at our apartment.


For the 4th of July we went to a parade/breakfast in the morning.  Adrienne took pictures on our little point and shoot, but at the moment we can't find it.  By such, we sadly do not have any photos from that part of our day to post right now.  Sorry!

But, we went on a great hike up the canyon.  It was quick and easy, and really great weather.  It started to sprinkle a bit, but nothing worth not going for.  We were looking for Donut Falls, but there has been so much water coming down that it was overflowing and we couldn't see the donate.  We had a good time anyway.







And of course, who can celebrate the 4th without fireworks (well, apparently Kristy and Chopper can).  We went to Murray City because Adri said it was an hour long show the last time she was there.  It was about 15-30 minutes this time, but it was still good and we can't complain.


All in all life is just dandy for us right now.  So much going on and so much to do.  We even got asked to speak in our old single's ward at the end of the month.  Kind of an exciting thing if you ask me.

0 people had something to say: