Social Media Stuff Here

30 December 2008

What a holiday!

With presents under the tree and snow on the ground, I just wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

I got to spend some wonderful time with my parents and my dog this holiday season.  Last time I was home for both holidays was my last year of high school... wow, it's been a while.  Anyway, being home and being able to not have to actually do anything was fantastic.  But, I did end up doing a good bit.  I shoveled the driveway 2 times and put up some cabinets with my dad in the room where we finished laying the floor over Thanksgiving.  I'm becoming quite the handyman I might add.  I had some wonderful conversation with my parents and quite enjoyed my mother's cooking yet again.  With all the good, there was one not so bright spot to my holidays.  The drive home was again long (about 8 hours this time with the weather), and a trip to the median.  If you've never visited the median of a highway, I wouldn't recommend it in 4 feet of snow.  I was driving along doing great, and as I went to pass a semi he drifted into my lane and ran me off the road.  I would have taken pictures of my car out in the median, but considering I would have had to climb out my window and then trudged through the 4 feet of snow somehow to take 1 picture, I didn't think it was worth it.  But, no damage to me or my car.  An hour and a half and $130 later, my car was pulled out and on the road again.  But, all in all, I loved my break and I hope you did too!

0 people had something to say: