Social Media Stuff Here

23 October 2012

St. George and Vancouver

Well, as you probably know, or maybe don't, Adri and I are moving to the east coast.  And, well, we are starting that journey next week actually.  Monday the 29th is our last day in California.  

With the move coming upon us so quickly, we figured we needed to get in as much as we could.  Funny thing is that none of the things we are posting today have anything to do with California.  Oh well, the next one will, I promise.  Check back this weekend (hopefully we have time with all the packing) for that one.

Anyway, Adri hasn't run a marathon in a while and she decided that she needed to again.  So, we signed her up for the St. George Marathon and headed up there.  Her sister Taneea and niece Alyssa came to support her as well.  She did a wonderful job!  This is the start of her getting back into it.  We don't know what marathons are in the east, but we'll find some.


After she ran we headed down to Boulder City, NV to see Adri's parents at the art show they were at.  Sadly we didn't get any pictures with them, sorry.  After we spent some time with them we headed over to the Hoover Dam because it was only like 10 minutes away.  We drove over it, walked over it and took pictures of it.  I like this picture best because it gives you an idea of what it is like.  I couldn't get one of the dam itself because then it just looked like a big wall... not as impressive as this in my opinion.


The very next weekend we headed out to Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada to see my brother Danny, his wife Denise and their son Liam.  My brother Jeff joined us there as well.  We loved it up there.  Granted, it rained basically the entire time we were there, but it was a lot of fun.  And, Liam is hilarious and cute.  I'm amazed at how smart and curious he is about everything at age 2.  Here he is saying his alphabet until he gets distracted by Jeff playing with the TV.


Then wherever we went he had to be running around and playing.  Props to Danny and Denise for keeping an eye on him and keeping him safe.  He is one active little boy... I love it!



And just because I love Liam's face when he was running around in my shoes I have to post it.  He wanted to get into everything, and know what everything did.  I will never look at my watch again without saying "BING!" every time I unclick it to take it off.


We took what pictures we could while we were there.  But, because it rained the whole time we didn't get a bunch.  We got some, and this doesn't really even begin to describe the beauty of the area.  Plus, we hear that it is even better in the summer time.  Regardless, it was a great time and too short of a weekend for us.  We'll figure out how to make it back there one of these days.








1 people had something to say:

Marie said...

I went to Vancouver for a choir trip in high school and have pictures by some of those same spots! Beautiful place! I've always wanted to take Taylor. Maybe some day we can all go together, eh?
Miss you guys!
Congrats on another race, AJ! You are amazing!